It’s no secret that COVID-19 accelerated e-commerce behaviors across categories, with direct-to-consumer (DTC) emerging as a critical distribution channel. Google and Kelton Global took a deeper look into how consumer habits and preferences have shifted — and how decision-makers are approaching this sales channel to identify what a successful DTC strategy looks like.
After speaking with 3,494 online shoppers and 162 DTC brand decision-makers across the US, here are some key findings:
Brands see DTC expansion as a key tactic for growth…
- 73% of brands expect their DTC sales to increase (33%) or hold steady (40%) this year
- 62% of brand decision makers expect their company’s DTC budget to increase in the next year
…because DTC shopping will only continue to grow
- 68% of online shoppers say that individual brands offer better quality than third-party retailers
- 61% say individual brands provide a more personalized experience
- 66% say it’s easier to understand the values of individual brands
For more takeaways — including the importance of experimentation and selecting the right channel mix — plus strategic recommendations for brands, download the full report below.