How to Unlock Direct-to-Consumer Growth for Your Business
March 25, 2021
Learn more about why DTC decision-makers are prioritizing this sales channel, the DTC shopper value and how to effectively connect with customers on the path to purchase to drive business results.
It’s no secret that COVID-19 accelerated e-commerce behaviors across categories, with direct-to-consumer (DTC) emerging as a critical distribution channel. Google and Kelton Global took a deeper look into how consumer habits and preferences have shifted — and how decision-makers are approaching this sales channel to identify what a successful DTC strategy looks like.
After speaking with 3,494 online shoppers and 162 DTC brand decision-makers across the US, here are some key findings:
Brands see DTC expansion as a key tactic for growth…
- 73% of brands expect their DTC sales to increase (33%) or hold steady (40%) this year
- 62% of brand decision makers expect their company’s DTC budget to increase in the next year
…because DTC shopping will only continue to grow
- 68% of online shoppers say that individual brands offer better quality than third-party retailers
- 61% say individual brands provide a more personalized experience
- 66% say it’s easier to understand the values of individual brands
For more takeaways — including the importance of experimentation and selecting the right channel mix — plus strategic recommendations for brands, download the full report below.