A new survey, from BeFrugal with Omnibus, finds that Americans have already started preparing for Valentine’s Day with their significant other, and these plans don’t have to break the bank. A majority feel it’s appropriate for a Valentine’s Day gift to be purchased at a discount, whether crafting something homemade, conjuring a low-cost activity, or using a coupon to purchase a gift, the sentiment is the same.
84% of Americans think it’s appropriate to look for ways to save money on a Valentine’s Day gift.
- More women than men (89% vs. 79%) think it’s safe to save on this gift.
- Younger folks 18-34 are more likely than their counterparts 35+ (90% vs. 82%) to think finding a Valentine’s gift for less is acceptable.
- More of those in the West than in the Northeast (88% vs. 80%) feel that looking for ways to save on a Valentine’s Day gift is appropriate.
- Nearly nine in ten (89%) Americans who have been in a relationship for less than five years think it’s appropriate to look for ways to save on a Valentine’s Day present, compared to fewer (82%) of those who have been with their partner for 5 or more years.
Twenty-six million (11%) Americans even think it’s okay to re-gift something to their loved one in order to save money, and 24 million (10%) say this about giving an I-O-U Several ways of saving on Valentine’s Day are bound to be a success. Americans who think it’s appropriate to save money on gifts for this holiday are open to using a discount code or coupon (54%), making a gift (51%), doing an activity that doesn’t cost much (49%).
- 97% of Americans would not be disappointed in a Valentine’s Day gift if they knew it was purchased at a discount or with a coupon. In fact, fewer (88%) are confident they wouldn’t feel let down by a gift that was too expensive
- More Americans 35+ than those 18-34 (98% vs. 94%) wouldnot be disappointed in receiving a gift that was bought at a discount or with a coupon
- 98% of Americans who have been in a more long-term relationship (5 or more years) would not be disappointed in a gift bought at a discount, compared to 95% of those who have been with their significant other for less than five years
Contact Danielle for PR and Marketing Inquiries
Kelton Global Debuts on 2019 GRIT Top 50 Most Innovative Companies List
Kelton Ranks Among World’s Best Market Research Companies