Online shopping site eBay commissioned a survey to help determine when and where Georgia residents are shopping and items on their wish lists.
The survey was commissioned by eBay and conducted by Kelton between Oct. 24 and Nov. 4 among 104 Georgia residents ages 18 and over, using email invitation and an online survey. Margin of error is +/- 9.6 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level, eBay said.
The findings say:
- $633.60 is the average amount people plan to spend on holiday gifts
- 95 percent say getting a good deal is important
- 16 is the average number of gifts people plan to buy
- People need to buy gifts for ninepeople on average
- People will spend the most onchildren($247.60), significant others($160.30) and parents($67.00)
- 33 percent describe themselves as athoughtful holiday shopper, ahead of thrifty, spontaneous and planned
- Nearly half(47 percent) are likely to buy something for themselves–instead of the recipient they had in mind
- More than one in four(29 percent) are most likely to use a tablet or smartphone to buy holiday gifts
- Most (33 percent) plan to do holiday shopping between the hours of 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- The majority(58 percent) will consider taking one day off from work to get holiday shopping done