LG has just released a report that sheds light on America’s smartphone usage, and the results may surprise you. With over 170 million Americans incessantly checking their smartphones for pretty much anything you can imagine, its safe to say that mobile customers are using their mobile devices all the time, wherever they please.
The study, which was conducted by Kelton, surveyed 1,152 Americans age 18 and over. Here are some of the places that Americans use their mobile devices the most:
- Places of Worship: 48 percent of smartphone owners confess they would be comfortable using their devices in a place of worship.
- In the Bedroom: 77 percent of smartphone owners admit they would openly use their phones while in bed with someone else.
- On a Date: 28 percent of smartphone owners have used their phones while on a date with a significant other.
- During Quality Time: 58 percent of smartphone owners have used their phones when spending time with their family, and 62 percent of smartphone owners have used their phone around friends.
- In the Bathroom: 75 percent of smartphone owners wouldn’t be ashamed to use their phones in a public restroom.
My guess is that closer to 99 percent of smartphone owners use their device while on the toilet, but that’s just me. Take a look at LG’s awesome infographic below for a better glimpse into the mobile habits of American customers.
Contact Danielle for PR and Marketing Inquiries
Kelton Global Debuts on 2019 GRIT Top 50 Most Innovative Companies List
Kelton Ranks Among World’s Best Market Research Companies