Generating Newsworthy Narratives for BioTech Company Gelesis
February 4, 2021
Biotechnology company Gelesis came to us in need of a research-backed and conversation-worthy narrative to use across their PR and marketing efforts. The research needed to lead to a fresh, compelling story to cut through the noise and positioned Gelesis as a brand that distinctly understood how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Americans’ relationship to food, health, and wellness.
The goal of the research was to expose the struggles Americans faced with regard to losing and maintaining weight and leading a healthy lifestyle steeped in clean eating and exercise — and to ultimately underscore just how many were looking to make a change at the start of the new year.
Mission accomplished: the research we conducted in partnership with Gelesis has lead to headlines in major online outlets, segments on broadcast stations, and mentions on major social channels. Here are a few highlights from the coverage:
- 5 Things to Do When You’re Stressing Over the ‘COVID-15’ (HuffPost)
- 4 Post Pandemic Mental Health Trends and Predictions for 2021 (Forbes)
- Did You Pack On a Few Pounds During the Pandemic? Here’s What to Do About Quarantine Weight Gain (Parade)
- Majority of Americans admit to weight gain during pandemic (New York Post)
- 71 Million Americans Have Gained Weight During the Pandemic, Study Reveals (Yahoo News)